Yield: 1+ pint
1 1⁄2 cups dried chili (Nora), de-stemmed and de-seeded
2 teaspoons caraway
1 tablespoon coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
14 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon paprika
6 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
1-2 teaspoons rose water (start with 1 teaspoon and add more is desired)
- Place chilies in medium-sized bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Drain water from chilies (reserve liquid for another use).
- Place reconstituted chilies and all other ingredients into a food processor (or mortar and pestle), and grind everything to a fine paste.
- Pass mixture through a fine-meshed sieve in order to remove skins. Reserve paste for future use.
Lamb Tenderloin with Rose Harissa
Yield: 4 servings
8 lamb tenderloins (trimmed of sinew)
1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Rose Harissa (recipe above)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 large bay leaves, crumbled
2 sprigs rosemary, crushed (optional)
- Place all ingredients together in small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove marinade from lamb, season with salt and pepper, and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on size.
- Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into desired size, then serve with small smear of rose harissa labneh.
- Serve immediately!
Pairs beautifully with our Adam's Vineyard Pinot Noir.