Dear Lynmar Advocate,
Happy New Year, and thank you for being a part of our extended family! Though demand for tasting and membership surges each year, we remain the same 10,000-case, family-owned winery we were when we opened our doors in 2005. Our Estate vineyard-driven model allows us to achieve our ultra-premium quality, without concern for the quantity produced. 2016 at Lynmar was about finding the balance between upholding our small-model standards, and meeting the high demand for Estate and wine access.
While each tasting appointment is important, visits from our club members are truly special, and deserve preparation and extra attention. We have been honored to provide this level of service to members who embraced our appointment-only model in 2016, but since we are still challenged to provide this high level of service to walk-in appointments, we must require reservations for all visits to Lynmar, beginning April 15, 2017. Reservation requests from our members are our highest priority, and will always be accommodated to the best of our ability.
Your appointment will provide you with the best possible experience during your visit, including reserved seating, and a dedicated host to guide you through your member-exclusive tasting. Appointments may be booked online or by contacting our reservationist:
[email protected] | 707.829.3374 x102.
This year promises to present many new and exciting offerings for Lynmar Advocates! Some highlights of membership this year include:
- All-weekend Pick-Up Events - For each quarterly release, we will close the tasting room all weekend long, for our members-only release events. Enjoy tastes of our current releases, paired with recipes crafted by our Estate chef and guest chefs.
- Access to stunning new single-vineyard Chardonnays, debuting with your February release*
- Priority Estate access – Your requests for tasting and event reservations are always prioritized above non-members.
- New member-exclusive events – Join us at Lynmar for our March Proprietor’s Dinner and August White Party.
- San Francisco events – Look for details about our upcoming Proprietor’s Dinner at Campton Place, and summer Giant’s Game at AT&T Park.
Finally, as you may know, 2015 was the fourth straight year of severe drought in California. Drought conditions stress vines, causing them to produce smaller, more concentrated grapes. While this provides for supreme wine quality, crop yields are significantly impacted, and all California wine growers harvested below average quantities for the 2015 vintage. Given this, we have allocated our entire 2015 Pinot Noir portfolio to our members, and have added some special selections, not typically included in quarterly allocations. The 2017 release schedule, along with important dates and events, is available here. As always, we are happy to make customizations to any release. Please visit this page to learn how to customize your allocation.
Your Advocates Club team members are here to answer questions, and provide any assistance you may need with your membership. Please don’t hesitate to contact our membership department any time: [email protected] | 877.282.3441.
Thank you again for your continuous support and advocacy! We look forward to hosting you at Lynmar in 2017.
Lynn and Anisya Fritz